Friday, October 10, 2014

My Dream Day Style.



This post is a little different to the usual catalogue of content that you would see on Rich Girls.
To explain it in few words, I was challenged by the team at Lover.ly to style my very own Dream Day.
...

My first choice was to pick the setting for the event to be based upon. City Glam won!
Getting married and celebrating with my loved ones on the terrace of a city building is where I immediately 
envisioned the entire day. The all-important yet daunting task of deciding on a wedding dress was next. A mermaid 
style dress is what I instantly had in mind, but after my search I found myself going back to this Monique Lhuillier 
gown (long, thin tulle veil to accompany), so it just had to be. I felt that the setting was very glamorous, clean and 
classy, so a dress that reflected all of those qualities was a must. A strapless, figure-hugging bodice, with volume 
in the skirt was ideal for this setting. I could just picture the gathered tulle swishing as it glided along the floor of the 
terrace, through the guests, past the long, white tables covered in champagne and pretty blooms.
I feel that the dress complimented the setting and set the aesthetic for the rest of the styling. Personalised calligraphy 
invitations, feminine florals in perfume inspired vases, a cute cocktail bar, candles in tall glass vases to surround 
the perimeter of the terrace and the city views as the perfect backdrop are just a few of the accents I have chosen. 
In the end, every choice was carefully thought out and very reflective of my personal style.  

...
I've never really been one to dream up my wedding day, as my ideas and inspirations are ever-changing, 
but I would be pretty happy if my wedding day looked a little something like this someday.

x.


No comments: